Travel Industry Expert Expert Witness
Michael F Stone is a travel industry expert who has been providing travel expert witness services since 2011. Stone’s travel expert witness services have covered Industry Standards of Care, Professional Standards of Care, Travel Services, Tour Operations, Travel Agency Operations, Contracting, Air Ticketing and Transportation, Cruise Line Services and Ancillary and 3rd Party Products and Services
For additional information Click Here for Seak Expert Witness Directory listing
Michael F Stone, CTIE, CPCU
Education: BS Hotel and Hospitality Management, Cornell University
Degrees: CTIE (Certified Travel Industry Executive), The Travel Institute; CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter), The Institutes, Risk and Insurance Knowledge Group
Travel Expert Areas: Tour Operating, Tour Operations, Travel Agencies, Travel Agent Duty of Care, Travel Industry Professional Standard of Conduct, Travel Contracts, Supplier Contracting and Insurance
Years in Practice: 30
Background Information: Travel Expert with extensive hands on operating experience in travel agency, tour operating, cruise, transportation, tourism, and hospitality operations.
Graduate of Cornell University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Hotel and Hospitality Management.
Is a Certified Travel Industry Executive (CTIE) and insurance industry Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU).
Selected travel industry experience includes:
- Successful ownership and operation of a large multi-location travel and cruise agency business;
- CEO and President of one of the largest tour operating businesses in the US;
- Successfully created a major new tour operating business for an international tour operating company;
- Hotel sales, management and marketing experience with several major hotel brands
- Successfully founded and led two travel industry software development and technology companies focused on travel management, tour operating, travel agency management, hotel operations and reservations and online booking.
Currently VP of New Markets and Strategic Partnerships at SRG Technology focused on the use of data and technology to improve customer engagement and the management, marketing and selling of travel.
In addition to his position at SRG Technology, Stone continues to provide travel management and technology consulting to travel agencies, tour operators, hospitality companies, travel destinations, online travel companies; and a variety of other travel and tourism related businesses.